Thursday, October 30, 2008

i voted



Tim Ferriss pointed out today - while early-voting in San Jose - that no one checked his ID before he exercised his Constitutional right.

"Interesting," I thought... "no one really checked my ID either". I mean, I showed up at the polling place and handed them my voter registration card, but my card is basically a piece of paper with my name and address printed on it. Easily forged with any inkjet printer and cardstock paper.

So what gives? Why didn't they cross-check my voter card with my picture ID? It just seemed to me that there wasn't a lot of diligence in that regard.

But the touchscreen voting machines worked very well. And there was no line. Overall, my Nashville voting experience went extremely well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job matt! way to participate in the democratic process :)

they didn't check my id either...

m0 said...

I've never had my ID checked in Nashville, and always wondered why they don't do it. I usually have it out just in case, and they just wave it away.

Melissa said...

so who'd you vote for?!!! I'm going to vote & i'm terribly excited to have finally decided!

(you know, someone told me that I'm not being P.C. in asking that... i obviously didnt agree!)