Tuesday, May 05, 2009

i forgot to title this post

You know those annoying blog posts where people say, "Gosh, I sure haven't posted in a while" and then say, "I'm really sorry it's been so long since I've written".

Yeah, this is one of those.

So let's get beyond all that and just dive right in. What should I write about?

I could make fun of Tim. That's always fun. But he doesn't use the internet anymore, so I won't waste my time.

American Idol? I think Danny Gokey will win. Adam has a great voice, but he's kinda like Bono - he's always operating at 110% and it just gets grating. Plus the make-up and girl pants is a little creepy. But the final three will be Danny, Adam, and Allison - that's what I say.

We're going to Greece in June, fulfilling Resolution #3 for 2009 to go on an international mission trip. More on that in a later post.

I'm reading a biography on Abraham Lincoln right now that is absolutely fascinating, albeit extremely long. It's called Team Of Rivals and is about how Lincoln leveraged his political genius in appointing his three key political rivals to key cabinet positions in his administration. A cool fresh look at Lincoln.

I'm lovin' this new Irish worship band called Bluetree. I'm the biggest Delirious fan of all time so I'm naturally drawn to Bluetree's style, which is a mesh of Delirious and David Crowder. Steph and I got to see them play a couple weeks ago in Nashville, their first time performing in the U.S. as a full band. Was absolutely incredible. I love this song:


Favorite TV shows of the spring, in order: Fringe, 24, Prison Break (though this series is finally wrapping up in a couple weeks), The Office, and Deadliest Catch.

Speaking of TV, HAL 9000 seems to be making a resurgence in television commercials this spring... you know HAL, the artificially intelligent, rational, perceptive, and incredibly creepy supercomputer from 2001: A Space Odyssey. First he showed up in a Quizno's commercial, then in a Jared Jeweler's commercial. And now he's portrayed as a robotic arm in a commercial for Denny's. Anyways, just an observation.

So that's all I've got for now. I'm gonna finish watching Sig yell at his crew on Deadliest Catch and head to bed.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Finally!!! I thought that you had fallen off the blogging world....

burnshead said...

@meg just a little unintentional mini-sabbatical.