Tuesday, January 15, 2008

accepting failure

After a little more than a year, last night I decided it was time to call it quits on my website. A business that was set up to make money and generate income just wasn't doing that, and it was costing me too much to keep it going.

It's frustrating when you have in your hands what you know is a brilliant idea, but are unable to convince the rest of the world of the same.

So last night I disconnected all of the inner workings... the credit card processing, the storefront, the shopping cart. Felt like I was killing my child.

One thing I've learned over the past year or so - the service industry is extremely difficult, and draining. It's incredibly hard to automate, and even if it did slowly begin to turn a profit, I wonder if I simply would have burned out sooner or later.

So on to the next thing I guess....

1 comment:

c.note said...

As I said to you earlier today, I'm sad... I think that MUSICNUVO was/is a great idea. Maybe by stepping away from it, you will generate a fresh perspective on your entrepreneur ideas. Keep your head up, bro! I still think you're the coolest guy in Nashvegas, TN.