Monday, November 27, 2006

please leave a message

Happy Post-Thanksgiving everyone - hope it was fantabulous. I called my parents to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving this weekend and got the answering machine... believe it or not, my parents finally changed the little message that plays on the machine prior to you leaving a message! I was shocked!! Please understand, my parents have had the same voicemail message since I was in, I don't know, 5th grade. I guess since all the kids moved out of the house it was time to move on with the voicemail as well. Tim always used to make fun of me for the message that my dad said... he'd always recite it for me.

Timmy, bonus points for you if you still remember what the Burns Residence answering machine used to say...

6 comments:

uncle tim said...

(In my best Charlie Burns inflection, meaning, paste the biggest smile you can muster and mean it on your face...then recite!)
"Hi! You've reached the Burns family, Charlie, Linda, Matt, Josh and Rachel. We're not home right now, but if you'll leave us a message..................... we'll CALL ya' when we return."

uncle tim said...

I'm a little sad to know that message is gone. Sometimes I call your house when I know your folks are on vacation...you know, just to hear it.

Err...I mean, is that creepy?

burnshead said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

congratulations - you get a free cookie. nice work.

it is sad isn't it.....

uncle tim said...

did I nail it? or did I miss a word or two?

burnshead said...

i think you got it... i'm having trouble remembering myself if there was an "after the beep" in there after the "leave us a message".

it just makes me laugh hearing you say the last line. "CALL ya' when we return" haha

Anonymous said...

I feel sad knowing that I will never get to hear this :(